We are thrilled to announce information for the 9th Annual Children’s Musical Theater Festival in NYC!
The Children’s Musical Theater Festival is 9-day performance based theater program. The 2019 Festival will take place Saturday July 6- Sunday July 14, 2019! The Festival is by audition only. Students cast in the Festival will have the opportunity to originate roles in new musical works by up-and-coming theater writers or new cut-down versions of established musicals. The CMTF program is open to students ages 8-19.
Students are split into two groups based on age. Each show will have 2 performances in an Off –Broadway state of the art theatre in New York City.
For Summer 2019 we are thrilled to continue our relationship with Theatrical Rights Worldwide (TRW), Beat By Beat Press and Broadway Licensing, We will be workshopping new titles for their catalogues! Past productions that had their start in the Children’s Musical Theater Festival include the school versions of The Addams Family, SPAMalot, Curtains, We Will Rock You, Flight of the Lawnchair Man, Vote! The Musical, Like You Like It, Beat Bugs and many others!
LIVE AUDITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE JANUARY 20, 25, 26, & 27th as part of Broadway Workshop Combined Season Auditions. Students who are auditioning for our spring main stage and junior main stage productions can use that audition for the festival program. More info can be found on the CMTF WEBSITE
Students may also submit a VIDEO audition to be considered for the 2019 Festival.
2019 AUDITION INFO
Attend a live audition (These are Broadway Workshop Combined Auditions for Main Stage and CMTF)-
- Sunday, January 20 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday, January 25 – 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, January 26 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday, January 27 – 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Ripley-Grier Studios. 520 8th Avenue, 16th Floor, NYC
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- Bring sheet music in the correct key to any Broadway/musical theatre or pop/rock song. Please select 16-32 bars of music. Accompanist will be provided.
- Please bring current photo (Snapshots are fine).
- Tell us your name, age and what song you are performing.
- Perform a short musical theatre song (no more than 2 minutes) that shows off your personality and vocal ability.
- You may sing a cappella, with a musical track or with live piano accompaniment. Please do not accompany yourself.
- Download and fill out the audition form.
- Online auditions will be accepted through Friday February 1, 2019.
- E-mail YouTube or Vimeo links, along with completed PDF form, to email@example.com
Audition results will be announced on TUESDAY February 5, 2019. Late/replacement auditions will take place in March in NYC.
2019 FESTIVAL REHEARSAL DATES, TIMES, LOCATIONS & PROGRAM INFO
Full Program Dates: Saturday July 6, 2019 – Sunday July 14, 2019
Program Location: Ripley Grier Studios 305 West 38th Street (Between 8th & 9th Ave) & Baruch Performing Arts Center – 55 Lexington Ave at 25th Street.
2019 CMTF SCHEDULE:
Saturday, July 6
10:3o a.m – 1:45 p.m. Placement Audition for Show One (Ages 8-13)
2:00 p.m – 5:45 p.m. Placement Audition for Show Two (Ages 13-19)
Sunday July 7
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. First Rehearsal Day
Monday July 8 – Friday, July 14
10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. for Show One (8-13 year-olds)
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. for Show Two (13-19 year-olds)
- July 14, 2018 – 11 a.m. dress rehearsal, 3 p.m. performance
- July 15, 2018 – 11 a.m. call, 1 p.m. performance
- July 14, 2018 – 4 p.m. dress rehearsal, 8 p.m. performance
- July 15, 2018 – 4 p.m. call, 6 p.m. performance
This is a tuition-based program. The fee is $1025/performer and includes not only the opportunity to perform in the New York City premier of a new musical, but also a week filled with special workshops just for Festival participants. There are a few need-based scholarships available for families that qualify. Click here to complete a scholarship application. Please complete the online scholarship application prior to your audition or YouTube submission.
We will contact you with audition results on February 5, 2019. If selected, you must register for the Festival’s week-long educational program by February 26, 2019
For more information of the festival and the audition process visit our CMTF site www.CMTFNYC.com
Children’s Musical Theater Festival Past Pilot Productions
2018 – Wind in the Willows & Beat Bugs
2017 – We Will Rock You & Giants in the Sky
2016 – The Addams Family & Changing Minds
2015 – SPAMalot & Space Pirates
2014 – Curtains & The Most Epic Birthday Party Ever
2013 – Flight of the Lawnchair Man & We are Monsters
2012 – Vote & The Grunch
2011 – Like You Like It & Musicville